It’s said good things come in small packages, and the Mini Dock is no exception! It makes the Omega very easy to use and enables you to plug and play USB devices. We strongly recommend getting a Dock for your Omega to get the best experience and most performance, functionality, and stability from your device.
At about the same size as the Omega, the Mini Dock is meant for projects where space is limited and the Omega’s GPIOs aren’t needed. It’s ideal for USB-based or wireless networking projects!
You can provide power to the Omega and Dock with any Micro USB cable. The Dock includes a regulator circuit that ensures the Omega always receives the stable 3.3V it needs to operate optimally.
The Dock exposes some key Omega features to the user:
- Connect USB devices directly to your Omega
- Press the Reset Button to reboot your Omega, hold it for 10 seconds to perform a factory restore
- Turn your Omega on and off with the Power Switch
Ease of Use
Thanks to the on-board USB-to-Serial chip, you will always have access to the Omega’s serial terminal. No network connectivity required, just a solid USB connection. The serial terminal is especially handy when accessing the bootloader to reflash your Omega.
- 1x Micro USB Port – Power and serial terminal access
- 1x USB-A Port – Connect USB devices to the Omega
- 1x Reset Button
- 1x Power Switch