Updated: 2017 September 1st
Current Shipping Schedule & Status
Current Shipping Advisory Notes
- For Untracked orders before 2016 May 03, delivery time is typically 2-3 weeks starting when we send you the fulfillment confirmation email.
- We are not liable for lost/missing/held packages for Untracked shipments.
We are sending our products via a 3rd-party fulfillment provider in California, USA. Shipment times vary by destination country and may be affected by factors such as customs and holidays.
Shipping rates vary based on your order size and address. Please go through the checkout process to see the shipping options and rates available.
Please see the notes below for the shipping process.
- After your order was placed, allow 2-7 business days for our fulfillment partner to prepare and ship your package.
- Depending on your location, our third-party fulfillment provider will select the best suited carrier. Tracking information becomes available within 1-3 days of fulfillment. Once we have shipped your package, it is out of our control.
- When your package arrives in your country, it is handed over to the local (usually national) carrier, eg. Canada -> Canada Post. Tracking information is now reported by the local carrier.
- Some areas require the customer to pick up their package from a local post or customs office. Please make sure you know what the procedure is for your area before you place your order. We are not responsible for unclaimed packages.
- In rare cases, packages may get lost in the destination country’s postal service due to factors outside of our control. Please understand the possible risks associated with your local carrier. See the notes at the end of the page for Lost Air Mail Shipments.
Shipments to the USA
- Once your package is shipped, it typically takes 7-10 days to arrive to destinations in the Continental USA. We have seen this process takes up to 3 weeks in extreme cases.
- If your package is shipped by USPS, tracking data will no longer update once the package leaves the US.
- Due to carrier limitations and customs issues, we no longer ship to Russia, India and Brazil
- If you are in one of the affected countries and would like Onion products, please check out our re-sellers: https://onion.io/where-to-buy/
Tracking and Delivery
For Tracked shipments, follow the instructions here to view your tracking information.
Please monitor your tracking numbers closely for any important delivery or pickup notices. Missed or failed delivery attempts may result in the package being returned to us.
Import Taxes & Duties
- Import taxes, duties and related customs fees may be charged once the parcel arrives at the destination country. These charges are determined by the customs office of the specific destination.
- At the moment, we cannot accept requests to adjust the declared value on packages. Payment of import charges and taxes is the responsibility of the recipient and will not be covered by us here at the Onion Store. For further details of charges, please contact your local customs office.
Customs & Regulations
You are responsible on checking with your local postal regulations for restricted items, as we cannot be held liable for any items that are not accepted into the specific country.
At the moment, with our current 3rd-party fulfillment provider, we cannot accept requests to combine separate orders together into 1 shipment. However, if separate orders are placed on the same day, they will most likely be sent at the same time.
If you would like all of your separate items in a single shipment, please place a new combined order with all items with a note about combining shipments, and we will refund you for the first set of orders.
Air Mail Shipments Lost Within Local Carrier
In rare cases, Tracked Air Mail shipments have arrived in the destination country but have been lost within the local postal service or returned to us. We understand that this is frustrating experience for you, and these issues also cause us headaches as they are outside of our control. To make it fair for both parties, first contact your local postal service to find out what happened, then proceed with one of the following options:
- If there was a failed delivery attempt and the package was returned to sender, you may wait until if and when we receive it back. This may take several months, and there is no guarantee that we will receive it. If and when we receive returned packages, we reach out to the customer to arrange steps for re-delivery.
- Or, you may place a new order and we will refund a 40% discount. Please include the original order reference # so we know to apply the discount when fulfilling it.
In some cases we may be able to help, however, we are a small team and we do not have the resources to investigate issues caused by local carriers. Unfortunately we cannot be held responsible for non-deliveries caused by destination postal services.