The Arduino Dock 2 allows you to supercharge your projects by combining the familiar Arduino platform with the power & connectivity of the Omega2. We strongly recommend getting a Dock for your Omega to get the best experience and most performance, functionality, and stability from your device.
The Arduino Dock 2 features the ATmega328P microcontroller as a co-processor to act in tandem with the Omega. This microcontroller is the same one used on the Arduino Uno R3! The Omega facilitates programming the microcontroller wirelessly using the Arduino IDE. The Omega and microcontroller can communicate through a Serial UART connection as well as using the I2C bus protocol.
The microcontroller pins are all accessible and arranged in the same way as the Arduino Uno, giving users the ability to quickly port over Arduino projects and reuse any existing Arduino Shields.
The Dock exposes several of the Omega’s features to the user:
- The Omega’s GPIOs are exposed on the Expansion Header. Use the header to plug in Onion Expansions or connect to external circuits
- Connect USB devices directly to your Omega
- Press the Reset Button to reboot your Omega, hold it for 10 seconds to perform a factory restore
- Restart the microcontroller with the MCU reset button
- It’s also possible to provide power with a 5V DC power supply instead of through Micro USB